Solomon Islands Dive Expeditions and Dive Munda - Ultimate Photo Competition
The Ultimate Photo Competition (“UPC”) is open to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years old. Employees, interns, or partners of Solomon Islands Dive Expeditions, Dive Munda, Agnes Gateway Hotel, Solomon Airlines, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter. UPC Judges are not eligible to enter.
The UPC begins at 12:00am PST on March 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59pm EST on December 31, 2017 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the UPC.
WHAT TO ENTER
Our team is committed to the preservation of the underwater world and of sharing the very best of Solomon Islands with our guests. We want you to share your experience with Solomon Islands Dive Expeditions on board Taka and at Dive Munda with the world. Photos must have been captured during the competition dates while travelling with Solomon Islands Dive Expeditions on board Taka or at Dive Munda.
To ensure eligibility for the competion, please submit files no larger than 20MB at the time of entry. Higher resolution files of at least 240 dpi may be requested should an entry be pre-selected to be awarded a prize or an honorable mention.
All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Post processing images is allowed. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified. Photos where people, animals, or objects are added, moved, or removed will not allowed. Prizes will not be awarded based on mastery of photo manipulation.
Entries must be submitted in JPG or camera RAW format. Multiple exposures that have been combined to produce a single "High Dynamic Range" image are acceptable.
Entries should include metadata if at all possible. The following information is required on submission:
- Photographer Name (first and last)
- Photo Title or Description
- Location / Dive Site
- Camera Gear Used
- ISO / Aperture / Shutter Speed
If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted.
Photos should not include copyright information, borders, or watermarks that could possibly distract from the image quality.
The following submissions are ineligible:
- Flora and fauna will not be altered or endangered.
- Photos should not exhibit unsafe diving practices or any other behavior that stresses the marine life and/or the environment.
- Photos that violate or infringe upon another person's rights, including but not limited to copyright.
- Images that involve putting any individual or animal in danger.
Solomon Islands Dive Expeditions and/or Dive Munda shall determine entry eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion.
HOW TO ENTER
All images must be submitted though our photo submission website, including all required fields, including name, email and other information about your photo submission. Digital images that are sent via mail or email will not be accepted.
You may enter an unlimited number of times, but you may not use an agency or automated system to enter. SIDE and/or Dive Munda reserves the right to reject any additional entries or entries that do not comply with these Official Rules. By entering, you indicate your unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and SIDE and/or Dive Munda decisions, which are final and binding. You cannot win a prize unless you comply with all requirements in these Official Rules.
Entrants may be asked to supplement their submission (such as with a paragraph about their photo or the highest resolution version of their photo) anytime on or after December 31, 2017.
Photos will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit and subject matter relevance, except that the Most Popular award will be determined based on which of the honorable mentions receives the most votes. Judging will be conducted by a panel of SIDE and/or Dive Munda employees and a group of guest judges to be selected by SIDE and/or Dive Munda at its sole discretion (the “Panel”). The Panel will evaluate all valid entries and pick the following winners in the following categories:
Best Portfolio Collection (Prize 1) - 1 topside, 1 underwater wide angle, and 1 underwater macro photo. Winner to be announced in January of 2018.
Best Overall Photo (Prize 2). Winner to be announced in January of 2018.
Most Popular Photo (Prize 3) - Overall winner selected from among the 100 honorable mentions based on the highest number of votes received during public voting to be held between January and February of 2018.
- Honorable Mentions (up to 100 honorable mentions will be selected): Amazing images that showcase and illustrate moments of life in Solomon Islands.
The 100 honorable mentions will be notified of their status within 10 days of January 1, 2018 and will appear on the Facebook pages for Solomon Islands Dive Expeditions and/or Dive Munda and on their respective websites. At that time, the public can vote for one Most Popular Photo winner from the up to 100 honorable mentions. All potential winners will be revealed online within 10 days of March 1, 2018.
Each individual can only win one prize or prize package.
All judging decisions are final. Please do not contact us about the status of entries or judging.
SIDE and/or Dive Munda will notify the winner via the contact information provided at the time of entry.
POTENTIAL WINNER REQUIREMENTS
Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility, including proof of age, and liability/publicity release within 14 days. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to return these documents on time, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place.
SIDE and/or Dive Munda will award the following prizes.
Prize #1: Best Portfolio Collection (Topside, Underwater Wide Angle, Underwater Macro)
- 7 Nights – Taste of Solomons adventure onboard Taka for 2 people. Includes: airport or hotel transfers, on-board accommodation in standard room, meals and snacks, diving, weights and belt, standard tanks and air fills.
- 4 Nights – with Agnes Gateway Hotel for 2 people. Includes: airport transfers, hotel accommodation in Garden View Room, daily meal package.
- 3 Days - Diving with Dive Munda for 2 people. Includes: 3 days, 2 dives daily dive package.
- Return Airfare – Honiara to Munda for 2 people. Includes: Return airfare with Solomon Airlines between Honiara and Munda.
- $3,000 USD Cash to be awarded on board Taka.
Prize #2: Best Overall Underwater Photo
- 7 Nights – Taste of Solomons adventure on board Taka for 1 person. Includes: airport or hotel transfers, on-board accommodation in standard room, meals and snacks, diving, weights and belt, standard tanks and air fills.
- $1,500 USD Cash to be awarded on board Taka.
Prize #3: Most Popular Underwater Photo
- 4 Nights – with Agnes Gateway Hotel for 1 people. Includes: airport transfers, hotel accommodation in Garden View Room, daily meal package.
- 3 Days - Diving with Dive Munda for 1 person. Includes: 3 days, 2 dives daily package.
- $500 USD Cash to be awarded at Dive Munda.
All winners are responsible for paying any income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by SIDE and/or Dive Munda, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, SIDE and/or Dive Munda reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by SIDE and/or Dive Munda, in its sole discretion. Prize cannot be altered – prize must be received in its entirety. Travel for the claimed prize must occur between January 1 through December 31, 2018.
Questions and inquiries about competition rules can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit -- including ownership if applicable.
If you submit a photograph to enter the Ultimate Photo Competition, you grant SIDE and/or Dive Munda a royalty-free, nonexclusive right in perpetuity to:
- Display the photograph on the UPC submission website
- Allow SIDE and/or Dive Munda and third-parties to share the photograph on social media platforms including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.
- Use the photograph in internal and external marketing and communications materials of all kinds.
- Provide your photograph to other individuals and organizations for SIDE and/or Dive Munda - related use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, videos, membership premiums, and the like.
- Use, in connection with the UPC, your name and country of residence in promotions and other publications.The winners personal image may also be displayed
- SIDE and/or Dive Munda will endeavor to credit all photographs with the caption "Person's Name" when the full name is available.
In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the UPC is impaired in any way, SIDE and/or Dive Munda may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the UPC to address the impairment and then resume the UPC; or (b) award the prize(s) from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. SIDE and/or Dive Munda reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the UPC, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. SIDE and/or Dive Munda failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to SIDE and/or Dive Munda by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by SIDE and/or Dive Munda. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the owner. The UPC is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless SIDE and/or Dive Munda, Facebook, their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the UPC or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the UPC; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) late or undelivered mail; (e) errors in the administration of the UPC; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You waive the right to claim any attorneys fees and any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
When you enter, you will automatically be added to the mailing list for SIDE. This includes special event invitations, digital messages and a monthly e-newsletter. You may cancel and unsubscribe at any time.
PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY
Except where prohibited, you consent to SIDE and/or Dive Munda use of your name in any list of winners (if applicable) and for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
Questions and inquiries about competition rules can be emailed to email@example.com